How to Avoid expensive iOS mistakes!
We’ve all seen the embarrassing news stories where people have racked up hundreds with expensive hidden charges on mobile games or in-game purchases. Turns out there’s an app for that… well probably not, but there is a system setting!
- Under ‘Settings’, find your ‘General’ icon and access it.
- Find and tap ‘Restrictions’.
- If it’s not already set-up, everything will be grayed out. Click on ‘Enable Restrictions’ at the top to enable the rest of the options.
- Once enabled, you will need to create a new four digit pass code and confirm, be sure this one is different to your lock screen for an extra bit of security.
- After setting up the pass code, you should check the now enabled options.
- Toggle ‘In-App purchases’ to stop them pesky apps.
- Remember to test it before letting anyone else loose on it.
After this is set-up you should see a screen in your games/apps saying ‘Purchases have been disabled’
With most major game developers eyeing up Free to Play/Pay to Win business models for desktop and mobile, always stay vigilant of what you are running on your devices.
Thanks to PC Mag for this tip!